Monday, June 23, 2008

Fresh California Salsa... A TASTE OF CANCUN...

A made this salsa 3 days ago to bring to PJ's softball game along with sliced Semolina bread. The game was rained out so I threw it in the fridge when we got home. Today I remembered that it was in there. I still had the sliced bread and it was actually still very soft. I guess high humidity is good for something!
Alyssa and I couldn't stop eating this. Maybe letting it sit for 3 days really did the trick! It was so good and so fresh tasting... perfect for a summer treat! It reminded us so much of our favorite salsa at the Royal Solaris in Cancun. YUM. Alyssa and I decided that next time I make it, I'm making a bucket full!!!


Fresh California Salsa


INGREDIENTS
4 large tomatoes, diced
1/2 large onion, minced
3 cloves garlic, chopped
2/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
salt to taste
DIRECTIONS
In a small mixing bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, garlic, cilantro and lime juice. Add jalapenos 2 teaspoons at a time, tasting after each addition to see how hot the salsa has become. I used 1/2 of a jalapeno. Next time I will use a whole one.

No comments: