Saturday, July 4, 2009

WARM BACON & SPINACH PASTA SALAD


Many years ago Kris introduced me to a great pasta salad recipe. We both made it for many dinners and gatherings. I had wanted to make it for one of my kids confirmations but couldn't find the pasta anywhere! I borrowed Kris's last package! When I went to replace it, I searched high and low and couldn't find one. It turned out the Mullers stopped making it! So for the coming years, I tried a few different brands but they weren't too good.I found the recipe the other day and my quest has started again! I mentioned it to Kris and LouAnn this morning and LouAnn suggested to throw in a packet of Lipton's Garlic & Herb soup mix.
I thought that was a great idea! So I made it and think it turned out GREAT!!!!

Warm Bacon & Spinach and Pasta Salad
6 slices of bacon, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 cup shredded carrots
1/2 knorr chicken bouillon cube (I actually used chicken stock)
1 TBSP cider vinegar
6 oz Muller's Savory Collection Roasted Garlic & Herb Rotelle, cooked and drained ** they don't make this pasta anymore so you'll need to find another brand OR add one packet of Lipton Garlic & Herb soup mix to the simmering bouillon.
4 oz fresh spinach, torn into bite size pieces

DIRECTIONS
1. In a large skillet, cook bacon until browned. Drain bacon on paper towels; set aside. Pour off all but 3 TBSP of the drippings.
2. Add onion, and carrots to the drippings; stirring frequestly, cook 4 minutes. Add 1/3 cup of water and bouillon cube; bring to a boil; stirring. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in vinegar.
3. In a large bowl combine pasta and spinach. Add carrot mixture and bacon; toss to coat. Makes
4 servings Prep time: 15 minutes

No comments: