- 5 quarts water
- 1/2 cup sea salt, plus a pinch
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 6 dried arbol chiles
- 1/4 cup coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 1 large carrot, coarsely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 large yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoons seasoning sauce (recommended: Maggi)
- 6 to 8 whole beets (depending on size)
- Olive oil
- Green Goddess Dressing, recipe follows
- Sliced red onions, for serving
- 16 to 18 slider buns, toasted
In a large stock pot, combine and the water, 1/2 cup sea salt, dill, chiles, coriander, caraway, carrots, celery, onions, seasoning sauce, and beets and bring to a boil. Boil on medium heat for about 1 hour.
Remove the beets and let cool, discarding the liquid. Once cooled, remove the skin from the beets with avegetable peeler. (Remember to wear gloves, as the beets will stain your hands as well as other surfaces.) Cut the beets into 1/4 to 3/8-inch slices. Place the beet slices, a drizzle of olive oil, and a pinch of sea salt into a skillet over high heat and saute until glossy and tender, about 2 1/2 minutes on each side.
Remove the beets from the skillet and serve with shaved red onion and Green Goddess Dressing on a toasted slider bun.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.