Sunday, January 27, 2008

ALYSSA'S FAVORITE MEATLOAF



Before Alyssa went back to school, I wanted to make her one of her most requested meals... MEATLOAF! This recipe is from allrecipes.com but I tweaked it out of necessity and it turned out to be great! **The recipe calls for quick cooking oats which I realized that I didn't have. I did however, have a box of cinnamon maple brown sugar INSTANT oatmeal. What the heck! I took out my fine strainer and opened up each packet dumping it into the strainer to get the sugar and flavoring out. I then used that oatmeal. Well, the flavor was GREAT to say the least. So now when i make it, I add some cinnamon and a squirt of maple syrup to the mixture!

Here's the original recipe:


Mini Meatloaves

PREP TIME
15 Min
COOK TIME
45 Min
READY IN
1 Hr
INGREDIENTS
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1 teaspoon salt
1 pound ground beef
2/3 cup ketchup
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a large bowl, combine the egg, milk, cheese, oats and salt. **SEE NOTE ABOVE Add the ground beef, mixing well, and form this mixture into eight miniature meatloaves. Place these in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
In a separate small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar and mustard. Stir thoroughly and spread over each meatloaf.
Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes.

No comments: