Friday, April 4, 2008

LOBSTER ROLL

Last night I was looking through a binder of recipes that were made into scrapbook pages by the people from the web sites who sent them. (Don't ask!) There was one recipe that caught my eye and I decided to give it a try today. It was for a Lobster Roll that is from the Montauk restaurant called Lobster Roll. I made it today and Chris had 3 of the rolls for lunch!!! He really liked them. They are so easy also. I think these would be perfect for a simple dinner on a nice spring/summer night. I didn't use lobster though. I used imitation crab. I made a second batch but took the picture without the rolls! It's very pretty to use as a salad also!

Lobster Roll
1 lb. lobster meat, drained if using from a can (I used imitation crab)
1/2 cup finely diced celery
1/2 lemon, juiced
3/4 cup mayo NOT DRESSING like Miracle Whip!
1/2 ts white pepper (I used black)
4 hot dog rolls , lightly toasted
Toss all ingredients together except the buns. Divide between 4 buns
Enjoy!

No comments: