Tuesday, April 1, 2008

WENDY'S RED LOBSTER CHEDDAR BISCUITS

Chris had a great time visiting his friends in Rochester. Before he would tell us anything about his trip, he told me that Wendy (Jay's Mom) made the best biscuits and that I should ask her for the recipe. He just raved about them! So I went straight to the computer and within a few hours, I had the recipe. On Easter, I decided to make them to go with our dinner and not let Chris know. As he walked up to the table, the biscuits were the first thing that he saw. He looked at me and said... "you made these"? I told him that I had heard back from Wendy. He grabbed one and started to eat it. He said "they look like Wendy's... and they taste like Wendy's"! He was so excited! Thanks again Wendy!!!

Here's Wendy's version of the Red Lobster Biscuits.


Red Lobster's Cheddar Biscuits
Serving size: 10

2 cups Bisquick (I used Heart Smart Bisquick)
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (you can shred your own or buy it that way)
2/3 cup milk

1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 tsp garlic powder

Mix Bisquick, cheddar, and milk into soft dough. Beat with a wooden spoon for about 30 seconds. Spoon 10 biscuits onto greased cookie sheet (I use a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper). Smooth down tops (Bisquick forms sharp points otherwise). Bake for 8 to 10 minutes at 450 (10 minutes worked perfectly for me).

While baking, melt butter in pan and stir in garlic powder. Take biscuits from oven when done and brush butter on tops and serve hot.

No comments: