Sunday, April 6, 2008

STUFFED BAKED POTATOES FOR CRAIG



Craig is having a party today and he invited us. That NEVER happened before!!! I asked what I could bring and he was almost afraid to answer. He said he's been craving my stuffed baked potatoes lately so I offered to make them! Nothing in my life has gone smooth without a glitch but it's always a learning experience. While the potatoes were baking, I kept hearing noises and thought my neighbor must be working on something. NOT! Aboyut 5 of the potatoes exploded in the oven! What a mess. I guess when I poked them with the knife, I must have missed a few! I was baking 35 potatoes so it's easy to miss a few!

I don't have a real recipe for making these. I bake the potatoes for about one hour @ 350 but this time it took 1 1/2 hours until they were cooked through. I then slice them in half, scoop out the insides and add some warmed milk (or cream or 1/2 and 1/2), some melted butter, some sour cream and salt and pepper. This time I also through in leftover creamcheese that had bacon and scallions in it from the bagel store and a handful of shredded sharp cheddar cheese. This is definately NOT the food of choice if you want to live a long healthy life! I mash that all together adding more liquid as needed. Then I refill the potato skins and put into a baking dish. I then top it with shredded cheddar and chopped scallions. At the party, we'll bake them at 350 for about 45 minutes. I ended up with about 55 of these which Craig will probably eat about 20 of them!!!

No comments: